EVENTS ORGANISED SINCE THE ISSUE OF LAST NEWSLETTER
Mayo Get-together to felicitate Admiral Sunil Lanba, PVSM, AVSM, ADC
In order to honour and felicitate Admiral Sunil Lanba, the first chief of a service from Mayo, Mayo College Alumni Association Delhi(MAAD) had organised Drinks and Dinner on 23rd July at Tamarind Hall, India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi. The event was well attended and provided an opportunity to interact with Sunil. The total attendance was 120.
Annual JASSI Memorial Mayo Golf Tournament 2016
Annual JASSI Memorial Mayo Golf Tournament 2016 was conducted on 30th September 2016 (12pm tee off) at Jaypee Greens, Greater Noida. 85 golfers participated including 4 students each from Mayo College and MCGS. Results were as under:-
- Best Golfer(best gross) – Mr Annauj Mattoo(78)
- Winner and Runner-up in each category. Points indicated are stableford points with full handicap.
- Group A – Handicap 12 and below
Winner - Mr Sachin Mutreja(39 points)
Runner-up – Maj Gen R K Yadav(37 points)
- Group B – Handicap 13 to 18
Winner - Mr Vikas Rastogi(41 points)
Runner-up – Maj Gurmeet Singh(39 points)
- Group C – Handicap 19 to 24
Winner - Mr Sameer Mutreja(44 points)
Runner-up – Mr Shishir Bhardwaj(37 points)
- Winner amongst student golfers (Gross Score)
BOYS - Mr Vedant Handa - 93
GIRLS - Ms Eknoor Chahal- 79
- Overall spot prize for the following:-
Straightest drive – Ms Subba (MCGS) – 8 inches
Closest to Pin on Hole No. 5 - Mr Atul Dhir – “5”Ft”4” Inches
Closest to Pin on Hole No 16 – Maj Gen R K Yadav – 4 Inches
Longest drive - Mr Ajai Sirohi - 277yards
Mayo Dinner and Prize Distribution
The Annual Mayo Dinner and Prize Distribution was organised on Saturday, the 1st October 2016 at Olive Bar & Kitchen, One Style Mile, Haveli No. 6-8, Kalkadass Marg, Mehrauli, New Delhi. In addition to the winners at Jassi Memorial Mayo Golf Tournament, large no. of sponsored prizes by a draw of luck were also awarded.
Gibson Goodwill Cup
Gibson Goodwill Cup was played between Mayo and DOON Alumni at Jaypee Greens, Greater Noida on 12 November 2016. Out of the 26 matches played, Mayo won 12, lost 8 and 6 were squared, thus retaining the Winner’s Trophy. The detailed results were as follows:-
You may like to view the photographs of above events.. Kindly click at the following links:-
Alumni Cricket Bash
The Annual Alumni Cricket Tournament, this year, is being hosted by Scindia School at their premises at Gwalior from 16th Dec to 18th Dec. Alumni Teams from the following Schools shall be participating in the Tournament:-
- Mayo College
- DOON School
- Daly College
- Scindia School
Schedule of Event
The tentative schedule of events is given below.
The tournament will be played on the standard 20 -20 format with the same rules applicable as in the previous tournament played at Mayo College. Rules/Restrictions will be as follows:-
- Maximum of 4 players under 30 years will be allowed in the playing eleven.
- Minimum of 2 players above 50 years must be included in the playing eleven.
- Cricketers who have played 1st class cricket and under 35 years are not permitted to play.
- Any batsman scoring 50 runs will retire, but may come back to bat after the fall of the 8th wicket.
- Each bowler will be permitted to bowl 4 overs only.
- Incase of the drawn game a super over to be bowled by one nominated bowler. The opposition will nominate 3 batsman to bat.
- In case of a tie after the supper over, the team having better run rate will be declare the winner.
- The Mayo Team will be accommodated in Neemrana Hotel/Resort, Gwalior. The expenses will be borne by the individuals.
- For further details contact the Captain of the Mayo Team, Mr Vir Vikram Yadav(Mob9818444841/ E-mail: email@example.com).
All Mayoites are invited for the bash. Kindly get in touch with Mr Vir Vikram Yadav for details.
Selection of the Team
All those Cricket loving Alumni keen to make the Mayo Team are requested to forward their names to Mr Vir Vikram Yadav, who will be the final authority for selecting the Mayo Alumni Team.
WE WISH THE MAYO TEAM, THE VERY BEST OF LUCK AND HOPE THEY WILL RETURN WITH THE WINNER’S TROPHY AS THEY DID LAST YEAR.
Social Get-together at Monkey Bar
A Social Evening over Drinks and Heavy Snacks is being organised on Thursday, the 12th January 2017 at Monkey Bar, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi, a favourite joint for Delhites(both young and not so young). It will be an evening that you would not like to miss. So, do keep your evening on 12th January only to indulge in merry making and meeting School friends at the MONKEY BAR.
It will be a contributory function with charges to be levied as under:-
- Members - Rs 1500/- per head
- Non Member - Rs 2000/- per head
- Student with College Id card - Rs 1000/- per head
Please spread the word around to your friends and batch mates and also kindly confirm your attendance by sms(9891395850)/email(firstname.lastname@example.org) latest by 1st January 2017.
Life Membership is open to all Mayo Alumni(Boys & Girls). The current contribution to become a Life Time Member is Rs 7500/-. College students and those who have passed out from Mayo in Dec 2016 can become Life Members by contributing Rs 500/- only for the first 5 years and pay the balance contribution of Rs 5000/- in the sixth year. There are still a very large number of Mayo Alumni based in Delhi & NCR, who have yet to register themselves as life time members of the Association. They are missing out on the privileges that accrue to life members.
A MAAD Life Member enjoys the following privileges.
All functions conducted by MAAD are subsidized by a minimum of Rs 500/- for the life members.
Discounts are offered to Mayoites by the under mentioned outlets:-
- "CHILLI SEASONS", Defence Colony Market. 20% discount on F&B and Liquor.
- "IGNIS", B 45 Connaught Place (top of Volga). 20% discount on F&B and Liquor.
- "PLOOF DELI", 13 Main Market, Lodhi Colony. 15% discount on F&B and Liquor.
- "DASAPRAKASH RESTAURANTS", 12.5% discount at all outlets in India.
- "BLUES", N-18, Ground Floor, Connaught Place, New Delhi. 20% discount on Food Bill.
- "TASTE OF CHINA",N-18, Mezzanine Floor, Connaught Place, New Delhi. 20% discount on Food Bill.
- "BLUES CAFE & BAR", N-12, Ground Floor, Connaught Place, New Delhi. 20% discount on Food Bill.
- "RAASTA", both in Gurgaon and Hauz Khas Village. 20% discount on all F&B.
- "RAASTA", Hauz Khas Village. 30% on all F&B on first Wednesday of the month.
- "RAASTA", Gurgaon. 30% on all F&B on the last Wednesday of the month.
- "RAASTA" Gurgaon. Special discount for Mayo Alumni ladies only - free drinks on every Tuesday night.
- 10% discount on all available rates booked online at www.lemontreehotels.com to the Life Members of Mayo College Alumni Association Delhi.
- 10% discount on all bookings made online on www.makson.co.in. use the code Gomayo
- 5-8% discount on Group Housing Projects in Noida. Contact Mr Karan Israni, 2000 batch @ 9899199002.
- Special 10 % discount on Artificial Jewelleries to all the mayoites and their family members. WEBSITE : WWW.RIVAZJEWELS.COM, FB PAGE : RIVAZ JEWELS
DISCOUNT CODE : mayoiteCNE